Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs for Infertility
For those who are either seeking alternative methods of fertility, or feel to supplement their medical treatments (i.e. In Vitro) that they are receiving, Chinese Medicine is safe and effective. Acupuncture helps to strengthen the body and prepare it for pregnancy. Chinese herbs address the underlying issues resulting in infertility.
Acupuncture has been used for thousands of years to help women become pregnant. Not only is it a safe and effective alternative for those seeking to become pregnant naturally, but also aids couples through the complete process of modern fertility technologies.
At our clinic, we offer full services for the couple who is going through these challenging times. Stress is a concern and we provide care through the whole process; before, during, and after the pregnancy.
We are mindful of the Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) procedures and offer full support. The benefits can range anywhere from reducing the side effects of medications to reducing the number of miscarriages to increasing the success rates of implantations and full-term pregnancies.
Some of the Benefits Include:
- Increased blood flow to the uterus and therefore uterine wall thickness
- Increased endorphin production, which in turn has been shown to effect the release of GnRH
- Lower stress hormones responsible for infertility
- Impact on plasma levels of the fertility hormones:FSH, LH, E2, Progesterone
- Normalization of hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis
- Positive effect for women with polycystic ovarian syndrome present in 3 percent of adults and children
- Decreased side effects of ART medications
To read the full article click on the title link.
Acupuncture Found to Up IVF and Treat Infertility
“Acupuncture has been found to increase live birth rates for women receiving IVF, in vitro fertilization. Researchers discovered that acupuncture increases the chances of producing a successful pregnancy for women receiving acupuncture on the day of the embryo transfer of donor eggs.”
“If you have a needle phobia, don’t automatically dismiss acupuncture. Acupuncture is increasingly being recognized as a valid form of treatment for infertility by Western doctors, since research shows that pregnancy rates among women who undergoing acupuncture were significantly higher.”
For more information you can go to Anne’s Blog page, On Fertile Grounds.